Media Guidelines & Registration
The Delaware Tourism Office invites travel journalists to contact our office for assistance in gathering information for your travel stories or guide books. Please contact us for help with content, itineraries, stock photography, directions, tips on unique locations or events, fact checking, and group or individual media tours. For more information, contact Eric.Ruth@state.de.us.
In order to provide the best possible service to members of the travel media, we have prepared the following guidelines. This is to ensure that all journalists receive equal treatment and have a pleasant and professional experience in visiting our state.
- All journalists who participate in a media tour organized by the Delaware Tourism Office or request assistance with complimentary attraction admissions, accommodations or meals must forward the public relations office copies of at least two articles or transcripts published or aired within the last 12 months.
- Please credit all images provided by the Delaware Tourism Office to "the Delaware Tourism Office."
- All journalists seeking assistance in planning an independent tour must make their request a minimum of 14 days prior to their initial travel date. This is a courtesy to our hotels, restaurants and attractions that make it possible for the Delaware Tourism Office to host travel writers and contributes significantly to a successful trip. If you are unable to meet the two-week notification requirement, we will try our best to accommodate you.
- Journalists traveling independently are responsible for their own transportation to, from and around Delaware. Transportation around Delaware is provided by the Delaware Tourism Office as part of group media tours.
- Space on group media tours is limited to no more than 12 guests and is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. All accommodations, admission to attractions and meals will be provided by the state on group media tours.
- Travel writers visiting the state on their own may bring a traveling companion. When space permits, travel writers may also bring a guest on group media tours. However, the guest will be responsible for the cost of his or her own meals. Individuals under 18 may not participate in Delaware media tours.
- Incidentals such as phone calls, room service and in-room movies are not covered as part of complimentary accommodations.
Thank you, in advance, for abiding by these guidelines.
Please complete the form below if you would like to be added to our media list, or would like to visit Delaware, either individually or as part of a group tour.
In addition, please forward at least two articles/transcripts that have been published or aired within the last 12 months. Fax, mail, or e-mail to the attention of:
Delaware Tourism Office
99 Kings Highway
Dover, DE 19901