Explore the state of Delaware
Dover, DE (Oct. 11, 2012) – The Delaware Sports Commission recently announced the addition of new officers, board members and committee chairs.
Taking over as chair of the commission is Dr. Matthew Robinson, Professor of Sports Management at the University of Delaware. Jerry DuPhily, president of TSN Publishing, has been named Treasurer of the DSC.
Robinson and DuPhily join Past Chair Linda Parkowski, President Martin Donovan, Vice President Cindy Small and Secretary Mark Rossi as DSC officers.
Five people were added to the DSC's board of directors:
• Michael Petit de Mange, Country Administrator for Kent County
• Terry Rubritz, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, AAA Mid-Atlantic
• Andrew Bero, Sports Administrator, New Castle County
• Robert Cilento, Athletic Director, Cape Henlopen High School
• Samantha Huge, Interim Director of Athletics & Recreation Services, University of Delaware
The DSC also has appointed five new committee chairs:
• Legislative: Kim Gomes, a lobbyist with The Byrd Group
• Membership: Victor Schimp, General Manager at Sheraton Dover Hotel
• Events: Jeffrey Robinson, Director of Sales and Marketing for Forewinds Hospitality
• Marketing: Amy Colbourn, Vice President and Director of The Star Group
The Delaware Sports Commission, 99 Kings Highway in Dover, Del., was established to attract sporting events to Delaware to benefit the sports industry and community and to positively impact Delaware's economy. The DSC also assists with the retention and growth of existing sports events. To date, the DSC has partnered with close to 20 regional and national events, paving the way for larger-scale future events to be held in Delaware. Follow the Delaware Sports Commission on Twitter @Delaware_Sports.
For more information, visit the official Delaware Sports Commission website at www.delawaresports.org or call (302) 672-6832.
Delaware Sports Commission