Submit Contest Photos by February 17th
There are only a few more weeks to focus your lens on the First State and enter to win the Delaware Tourism Office Photo Contest. We invite all amateur and professional photographers to submit both scenic photos and photos that include people enjoying Delaware sites and activities pertaining to seasonal categories (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter). A panel of judges will select the top finalist in each of the four (4) seasonal categories. A public voting process will determine a Grand Prize Winner that will receive a $2,500 cash prize and have their photo printed in an issue of Delaware Today® Magazine. To submit your photos, click here.
Looking for helpful hints on how to get the winning shot? The National Geographic Society known worldwide for their outstanding photography has great information highlighting tips of the trade! Here are just two resources you can use:
• Digital Photography Tips: http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-tips/digital-photography-tips/#page=1
• Travel Photography Tips: http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-tips/travel-photography-tips/#page=1
What are some of our suggestions?
• Take your camera with you wherever you go! You never know when you'll be inspired.
• Try shooting during the early morning or evening hours for the best lighting.
• Discover Delaware with your family and friends! They could make great models.
• Don't be shy. Travel to new and unique places!
We look forward to receiving your best photos! To submit your images or view the rules and regulations, click here.
posted on: Thursday, Jan 12, 2012 4:11 PM
by: Delaware Tourism Office