Attending Firefly this year? Make it a mini-vacay by extending your stay in Delaware with these fun travel ideas all within a 45-minute drive from the Firefly Music Festival area!
• Visit Delaware’s beautiful beaches! Pull up a beach chair, go windsurfing, play some volleyball or enjoy the scenic views.
• If you love Dogfish Head’s Firefly ale, then you should definitely sample local brews and wines along the Delaware Wine and Ale Trail. Download your passport ahead of time and earn your chance to receive a limited-edition wine glass or beer mug.
• Love being outdoors? Visit one of Delaware’s beautiful State Parks for camping, kayaking, disc golf or hiking.
• Find foodie heaven on the Delaware Culinary Trail. Dine at iconic restaurants around the state, complete the passport and you’ll receive the “First State Plates” cookbook for delicious DIY recipes! Including, fresh seafood at Sambo’s Tavern (about a 15 minute drive from Firefly). Learn how to pick and eat steamed crabs while watching this YouTube video!
• Buy more for less! Stock up on the latest fashions before you leave with Delaware’s tax-free shopping!
Categories: Things to Do
Related Posts: Travel tips for Firefly Music Festival, What to pack for the Firefly Music Festival in Delaware, Firefly 2013: Bigger, better and tastier, Hotel availability during Firefly Music Festival weekend
posted on: Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 9:31 AM
by: Delaware Tourism Office