Ready to feel the rush of the waves and warm sand between your toes? Delaware beaches await your arrival with relaxing views and fun in the sun! Plan for your beach weekend with this checklist of items to pack for the best trip to the beach! Or shop around the boardwalks and beach towns once you arrive to pack your bag with all of the essential items.
1. Beach chair and umbrella – Tip: look for an anchor to go with the umbrella in case a breeze picks up off the ocean. Beach chairs and umbrellas are also available for rent on various Delaware beaches or for purchase at locations such as; Sunsations in Bethany Beach or up and down the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk
2. Beach towel and blanket to keep your feet cool, to enjoy a picnic on the beach or to lie out in the sand.
4. A nice sized beach bag! Claim your spot in the sand with one trip by carrying a beach bag filled with all of your essential items such as;
• quarters or cash for parking meters;
• a book or e-reader;
• water bottle;
• granola, trail mix, chips or any kind of snack that stand the heat;
• phone and headphones (if visiting Rehoboth Beach set up an account ahead of time with ParkMobile to pay for parking);
• lip-gloss or chap stick;
• aloe vera (just in case!)
posted on: Monday, Jul 1, 2013 3:54 PM
by: Delaware Tourism Office