1. Take a relaxing cruise on the Cape Water Taxi. Experience a breathtaking sunset cruise as you travel along Delaware’s coastal waterways. It is the perfect ending to a summer’s day!
2. Kayak alongside baldcypress trees in the quiet rural escape of Trap Pond State Park. From boating to fishing and wooded trails, you will discover a diverse landscape within an hours drive to the Delaware beaches.
3. Enjoy life surrounded by ocean views and bay breezes! Swimming, sunbathing, surf fishing, drive on beaches, parasailing, jet skiing…pick your vacation style and discover Delaware Seashore State Park.
4. Experience a VIP culinary tour with Eating Rehoboth every Friday and Sunday afternoon. Tour guides lead you to iconic and off-the-beaten-path dining spots where you’ll receive exclusive food and beverage tastings.
5. With a 400-foot lazy river, twister waterslide, go-karts and an 18-hold golf course the Viking Golf Amusements and Thunder Lagoon Water Park is a must-visit summer destination for the whole family!
6. Crack some shell and savor delicious steamed crabs and local seafood at Sambo’s Tavern. Spend the afternoon catching up with old friends at this iconic riverfront pub. (Tip: Sambo’s is for 21+ travelers. Searching for a crab house to enjoy with the kids? Scroll through Delaware dining options.
7. Set sail on the Kalmar Nyckel – the Tall ship of Delaware! Enjoy scenic views and family-fun pirate sails aboard this outstanding vessel. Docked in Lewes and Wilmington on various weekend during the summer!
8. Bike the Gordons Pond Trail at Cape Henlopen State Park. From scenic overlooks with views of the salt marsh and beach to cycling through an upland pine forest, you’ll discover why this hidden gem has become a local’s favorite for early morning bike rides.
10. Embark on a treetop adventure with the Go Ape! Zip Line at Lums Pond State Park. Climb to new heights on their treetop course and then fly high above Delaware’s largest freshwater pond.
Bonus trip ideas:
Discover new adventures on the Delaware Outdoor Trail.
Dine out on the Delaware Culinary Trail.
Embark on treasure hunt on the Delaware Geocaching Trail.
Take a step back in time on the Delaware History Trail.
Sip your way along the Delaware Beer, Wine and Spirits Trail.
posted on: Friday, Aug 22, 2014 11:29 AM
by: Delaware Tourism Office