Sussex County farmers petitioned the Delaware General Assembly in 1787 to move the county seat from Lewes to a more central location. Georgetown, then known as James Pettijohn's Old Field, was selected because it was no more than 16 miles from anywhere else in the county. Hence the name of this cache! This cache has been placed on private property with permission. Please treat the site respectfully.
DGT 16 Miles (Coordinates) - N 38° 40.694 W 075° 22.734
- Disabled Access:
- Group Friendly: