left Back To Results

Old Christ Church


Constructed in 1772, this historic place of worship is one of the few remaining unaltered wooden structures of its age and type in the United States. Located beside Chipman’s Pond approximately two miles east of Laurel, its paneled walls, barrel vaulted ceiling, and wood box pews are evocative of pre-Revolutionary days when meeting places such as this were the community centers of rural colonial America. Guided tours are offered on a scheduled basis. Please call for hours of operation.