Smyrna Museum

  • 11 S. Main St.
  • Smyrna, DE 19977
  • Phone: (302) 653-1320
  • Visit Website

This property consists of two historic buildings. The oldest, known as “The Plank House,” is a small frame structure that is representative of early 18th century architecture in rural Delaware. It stands behind the impressive Georgian brick structure known as “The Barracks.” Constructed in the 1790s, this former home includes furnishings dating from the Early Federal to Late Victorian eras. The State of Delaware’s first Draft Lottery was held here in 1863 during the dark days of the Civil War. Hours of Operation: Saturdays (10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)

  • Hours: Sat 10am-1pm