Trap Pond State Park
Top Spots for Photography in Delaware
From the poetic landscapes of the Atlantic beaches to the grand vistas of the DuPont mansions, Delaware delivers an array of iconic places to grab great travel photos. We’ve lined up a sure-fire collection of the top locations to take photographs in Delaware – grab your camera and get shooting!
- Nemours Mansion and Gardens: The ornate formal gardens leading up to the mansion are a classic image of Delaware’s “Chateau Country.”
- Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library: The stately mansion set in blossoming gardens speaks of regal beauty.
- Hagley Museum and Library: There’s a unique mix of natural beauty and historic dignity where at old DuPont Powder Mills set along the Brandywine River.
- Mount Cuba Center: 600 acres of lush gardens set amid the green hills.
- Cape Henlopen State Park: Opportunities for stunning landscapes abound, from the end of “The Point” to the top of the Observation Tower, to the miles of trails.
- National Wildlife Refuges: Bombay Hook and Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuges are where the world’s birds come to feast – and pose for photographers.
- Delaware Seashore State Park: With ocean on one side, bay on the other, this is a rich location for water vistas.
- Trap Pond State Park: Bald cypress trees tower over the pond as boaters glide between the trunks.
- Historic New Castle: The cobblestone streets and historic row homes whisk the viewer back in time.
- Fort Delaware State Park: This Civil War-era prison’s dramatic angular architecture is well-suited to dramatic compositions.
You Might Like
Grab your camera, because the Delaware beaches are known for their great sunrises over the water, as well as spectacular sunsets over the Inland Bays.