Winterthur Museum and Gardens
Spring in Delaware
As the bright colors of the spring season bloom across Delaware’s stunning scenery, embark on a rejuvenating getaway to gorgeous gardens, invigorating outdoor recreational areas and exciting festivals. Spend spring in Delaware and take advantage of special packages at local hotels for a budget-friendly weekend getaway.
Top Spring Destinations
- Brighten up your spring fashions for less with Delaware’s tax-free shopping.
- Enjoy the delightful fragrance of beautiful gardens from Winterthur Museum and Gardens to historic downtown Lewes.
- Tee off at extraordinary and scenic public golf courses throughout Delaware. Catch a Wilmington Blue Rocks game or race your way through the Wilmington Grand Prix.
- Grab a rod and enjoy fishing in Delaware’s scenic fresh and salt waterways.
- Join the festivities at Delaware event and spring festivals including Dover Days, MidAtlantic Wine + Food Festival, the Annual Spring Sidewalk Sale in Rehoboth and Dewey Beach, the Lewes Tulip Festival and the Delmarva Birding Weekend.
- Immerse yourself in Delaware’s beautiful and tranquil landscapes while exploring statewide scenic byways. Or explore the Delaware Outdoor Trail.
What are the locals’ favorite spring destinations?
Mt. Cuba Center – “Gorgeous wildflowers and the guided tours are perfect for the whole family.”
Nemours Mansion and Gardens – “Majestic views. This is a must see during springtime!”
Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge – “Great spot for birding during the spring migration”
DuPont Nature Center – “Best viewing area for horseshoe crabs and migratory shorebirds”
Baywood Greens – “Awesome golf course plus, really nice scenery and close to the beach”
Lewes Canalfront – “Convenient public boat ramp with access to the canal and Delaware Bay. You can also take a charter boat for fishing and sightseeing”