Winterthur Museum and Gardens
Spring in Delaware
As the bright colors of the spring season bloom across Delaware’s stunning scenery, embark on a rejuvenating getaway to gorgeous gardens, invigorating outdoor recreational areas and exciting festivals. Spend spring in Delaware and take advantage of special packages at local hotels for a budget-friendly weekend getaway.
Top Spring Destinations
- Brighten up your spring fashions for less with Delaware’s tax-free shopping.
- Enjoy the delightful fragrance of beautiful gardens from Winterthur Museum and Gardens to historic downtown Lewes.
- Tee off at extraordinary and scenic public golf courses throughout Delaware.
- Grab a rod and enjoy fishing in Delaware’s scenic fresh and salt waterways.
- Join the festivities at Delaware event and spring festivals including Dover Days, the Annual Spring Sidewalk Sale in Rehoboth and Dewey Beach, the Lewes Tulip Festival and the Delmarva Birding Weekend.
- Immerse yourself in Delaware’s beautiful and tranquil landscapes while exploring statewide scenic byways. Or explore the Delaware Outdoor Trail.
What are the locals’ favorite spring destinations?
Mt. Cuba Center – “Gorgeous wildflowers and the guided tours are perfect for the whole family.”
Nemours Mansion and Gardens – “Majestic views. This is a must see during springtime!”
Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge – “Great spot for birding during the spring migration”
DuPont Nature Center – “Best viewing area for horseshoe crabs and migratory shorebirds”
Baywood Greens – “Awesome golf course plus, really nice scenery and close to the beach”
Lewes Canalfront – “Convenient public boat ramp with access to the canal and Delaware Bay. You can also take a charter boat for fishing and sightseeing”