1. Eligibility: The Delaware Tourism Office Video Contest is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The contest is only open to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors and vendors of the Delaware Tourism Office and Delaware Economic Development Office and their immediate family members (spouses, parents and children), any member of the Delaware Tourism Office video contest judging panel and their immediate family members.
2. Overview: Entrants will submit a video in one of the following categories to show that Delaware is a desirable travel destination to out-of-state visitors: 1. Scenic/seasonal: Highlight a landscape in Delaware during the Fall, Winter, Spring and/or Summer season; 2. Things to do: Feature attractions in Delaware that will entice a traveler to visit from out-of-state (i.e. beaches, dining, breweries, outdoor recreation, DuPont estates, tax-free shopping). 3. Events: Show events in Delaware that draw a large volume of visitations (i.e. Firefly Music Festival, NASCAR race weekend, Delaware State Fair, July 4th Fireworks, Dover Days Festival, Punkin’ Chunkin’). 4. Fun/Viral: Create a fun and creative composition that shows Delaware at its best. Entrants can find suggestions for locations to highlight at http://www.visitdelaware.com. The winners will be announced Early 2014.
3. To Enter: Go to http://www.visitdelaware.com/videocontest, follow the instructions and complete the online entry form. You will be required to upload your video to YouTube as an unlisted video and provide the Delaware Tourism Office with the link to the video. For instructions, on uploading an unlisted video, please click here. Entrants must select a category for the submission; however, the Delaware Tourism Office reserves the right to reassign entries to the most appropriate category. All entries must adhere to the entry requirements.
a. Entrants are required to submit their video as either a professional or amateur. You may not submit videos as both. A professional videographer is defined as an individual that earns more than 50% of their income from videography. An amateur videographer is defined as an individual that earns less than 50% or no cash value for their videography.
b. Entrants may submit one (1) video in each category. However, an entrant cannot win multiple times.
c. By submitting a video, entrants grant permission to the Delaware Tourism Office to edit, publish and reuse the video without credit and no financial compensation.
4. Entry Requirements:
a. A completed online entry form including selecting a category, providing a video description and an unlisted video YouTube URL.
b. Videos must not exceed 3 minutes (3:00) in length and must be in English.
c. Any music included in a video must be original and/or the entrant must hold the rights to the music and/or lyrics; the composition and performance must not infringe on third party rights. If the Delaware Tourism Office determines that the music included in the video is not original, or infringes on a any third party rights, the Delaware Tourism Office may disqualify the entry or dub over the music selection.
d. Securing all necessary model and property releases will be the sole responsibility of the videographer, who will hold the Delaware Tourism Office harmless in the event of a claim of misuse. By submitting content to this contest, you are agreeing that you have obtained or are entitled to the rights to these images and publicity releases for any identifiable persons and are approving the Delaware Tourism Office to obtain unrestricted use of the materials including the music or narration. Some entrants may be required to sign necessary documentation to make use of the rights you have granted by submitting materials
e. If you’re selected as a winner, please be prepared to provide the raw footage to the Delaware Tourism Office.
f. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2013. Once the entry form is submitted, it is final and may not be modified, supplemented or edited.
g. Entrants must complete the online form on their own and cannot send materials to the Delaware Tourism Office for entry.
h. Entries that do not adhere to requirements set forth in the 2013 Delaware Tourism Office Video Contest Rules and Guidelines will be disqualified.
i. The Delaware Tourism Office is not responsible for late or incomplete entries. Entrants should refer to YouTube guidelines and support for technical processes during the video upload process to the YouTube site.
5. Content Requirements:
a. The video must convey to the audience that Delaware is a desirable travel destination. For information about the Delaware visitor demographics, please click here.
b. The original videographer must submit all entries.
c. All videos must have been taken in the State of Delaware during the past two years (June 2011 – December 2013).
d. Videos that are dangerous, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory or libelous will not be eligible.
e. Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes any person or entity’s rights including, but not limited to, their rights of privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement, or defames them or violates their trademark rights.
6. Conditions of Entry:
Entrant warrants and represents that the video:
a. is original and has been legally created;
b. does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights, ownerships or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
c. has not been entered in previous contest or won previous awards; is suitable for public viewing.
By submitting an entry, the entrant represents that he/she owns the rights to each element of the entry. Entrant acknowledges that they may be required to provide written proof of rights to the materials produced. The Delaware Tourism Office’s determination as to whether a video violates the rights of any third party is final.
Each entrant irrevocably grants the Delaware Tourism Office and its promotional agency the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times uses), on an exclusive basis without compensation or approval. The winner’s name and/or statements regarding their participation in the contest may be used in media releases or statements without additional compensation. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Delaware Tourism Office’s use of any element of the entry.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold the Delaware Tourism Office and its promotional agency, harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnities due to or arising out of the use of any element in the entrant’s entry, or the entrant’s conduct in submitting an entry or creating a video or otherwise in connection with this content, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release the Delaware Tourism Office from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepares by or on behalf of the Delaware Tourism Office infringes the entrant’s rights with regard to any element or ideas contained in any element of the entry.
7. Selection of winners: A panel of judges determined by the Delaware Tourism Office will review all of the submitted videos and determine the first place, second place and third place winner in the amateur and professional submissions based on technical skill, composition, and creativity with the overall mission to convince a consumer to travel to Delaware. The winners will be announced in Early 2014. Notification of the winner’s status must be kept confidential until the Delaware Tourism Office has announced the winner.
a. Professional submissions (A professional videographer is defined as an individual that earns more than 50% of their income from videography.)
i. First Place will receive: $1,000
ii. Second Place will receive: $500
iii. Third Place will receive: $250
b. Amateur submissions (An amateur videographer is defined as an individual that earns less than 50% or no cash value for their videography.)
i. First Place will receive: $750
ii. Second Place will receive: $250
iii. Third Place will receive: $150
9. General conditions: Potential winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with the official rules and guidelines. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective individual prizes. No substitution or prize will be offered. Prizes are non-transferable. The winners will be required to complete a State of Delaware online payment form. The Delaware Tourism Office reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the contest. Further, the Delaware Tourism Office reserves the right, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest; (b) violating the official rules and/or guidelines; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The entrant agrees that the Delaware Tourism Office’s decisions regarding the contest are final. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
10. Limitations of liability and release: No liability or responsibility is assumed by the Delaware Tourism Office resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in contest with participating in the contest. The Delaware Tourism Office is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind, which may be sustained, to the entrant or any other person’s equipment resulting from participation in the contest. By participating in the contest, the entrant releases the Delaware Tourism Office from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the contest.