When it comes to artisanal beer, wine and spirits, Delaware’s quickly becoming a go-to state, especially with the recent expansion of the Delaware Beer, Wine and Spirits Trail. There’s been word recently that Delaware’s hand-crafted beverage market is about to get even bigger, especially at the Delaware beaches. An impressive lineup of new or expanded beer-centric restaurants are on tap for summer 2015 – here’s a look at the highlights.
- Dewey Beer & Food Co. (2100 Coastal Highway, Dewey Beach). New in-house brewpub featuring a farm-to-table menu. Formerly Bubba’s Grill. Planned opening: Spring 2015.
- Crooked Hammock Brewpub (16989 Coastal Highway, Lewes). Opened by the folks who brought you Nage, Root Gourmet and Big Chill Surf Cantina. Opening in spring 2015.
- Fins Ale House & Raw Bar (19269 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth Beach). Popular eatery is now brewing its own beer.
- Forgotten Mile Ale House (20859 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth). The owners of Wilmington’s popular Ulysses Gastropub and Hockessin’s Six Paupers are opening a restaurant at the old Captain’s Table.
- Beach Bum Distilling (corner of Nassau Road and New Road, Lewes): The beaches’ Third distillery hopes to open sometime in spring.
- The Meadery (near intersection of Coolspring Road and U.S. 9., Lewes). Entrepreneur is seeking approval to build a “honey wine microbrewery,” with hopes to open “toward the end of the year.”
For more information on this story, or to discover more story ideas about new attractions in Delaware for 2015, contact Eric Ruth at email@example.com or at 302 672-6813.