A brand-new, $10 million campground has been opened at Delaware Seashore State Park, in the shadow of the dramatic Indian River Inlet Bridge. Designed to bring amenities up to today's outdoor recreation standards, the new North Inlet Campground features:
- 74 full-hookup campsites (featuring water, electric and sewer)
- Six ADA-compliant campsites
- Modern, full-accessible heated bathhouse with hot showers
- New laundry facilities for campers
- Fully accessible walking promenade, enabling visitors to safely walk to the ocean or over the bridge to the south inlet.
- Sidewalk access to Indian River Marina and Hammerhead’s Dockside Café
For day-use visitors, new amenities include:
- 221 parking spaces
- New, modern comfort station
- Deluxe rinse-off showers
- New benches along the scenic Indian River Inlet
In addition, there will be new playgrounds with a local fishing theme, sun shelters, more benches and a mini climbing wall.
Camping improvements on the south side of the inlet were completed in 2014, and included the refurbishing of the RV and tent campgrounds, 94 new camping sites, renovated bathhouses, six new RV sites with full hook-ups, more parking for anglers and more.
Reservations are being accepted for all three Delaware Seashore State Park campgrounds –call 1-877-98-PARKS, or visit www.destateparks.com.
For more information on this story, or to discover more story ideas about new attractions in Delaware for 2015, contact Eric Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 302 672-6813.