Here's a sampling of some of the new restaurants with a focus on beer and spirits opening at the Delaware beaches this year. Some are already open, but many are aiming for late spring debut – check before heading out.
For more information on this story, or to discover more story ideas about new attractions in Delaware for 2015, contact Eric Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 302 672-6813.
- Dewey Beer & Food Co. (2100 Coastal Highway, Dewey Beach). New in-house brewpub featuring a farm-to-table menu. Formerly Bubba’s Grill. Planned opening: Spring 2015.
- Crooked Hammock Brewpub (16989 Coastal Highway, Lewes). Opened by the folks who brought you Nage, Root Gourmet and Big Chill Surf Cantina. Opening in spring 2015.
- Fins Ale House & Raw Bar (19269 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth Beach). Popular eatery is now brewing its own beer.
- Forgotten Mile Ale House (20859 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth). The owners of Wilmington’s popular Ulysses Gastropub and Hockessin’s Six Paupers are opening a restaurant at the old Captain’s Table.
- Beach Bum Distilling (corner of Nassau Road and New Road, Lewes): The beaches’ Third distillery hopes to open sometime in spring.
- The Meadery (near intersection of Coolspring Road and U.S. 9, Lewes). Entrepreneur is seeking approval to build a “honey wine microbrewery,” with hopes to open “toward the end of the year.”