Delaware’s arts scene has the potential to draw tourists into the state to experience its endless discoveries. That’s why the Delaware Tourism Office, Greater Wilmington CVB, Kent County Tourism, Southern Delaware Tourism and the Delaware Division of the Arts are working collaboratively to promote cultural offerings to out-of-state visitors.
From 2015’s Downton Abbey costume exhibit at Winterthur to last year’s OperaDelaware Festival, the appeal of events to people from outside the state is clear. And DTO is here to help grow the reach of promotion for similar performances and exhibitions.
That starts on the Delaware Tourism Office’s official website, VisitDelaware.com. It is the most-visited travel planning website in the state with more than one million hits each year. Furthermore, each month 40,000 email newsletter subscribers get information on the best things to do and see in Delaware. Plus, every day 47,000 people on Facebook get suggestions and ideas for travel to the state. Combine all that together, and DTO is easily one of your best resources for communicating to tens of thousands of people who are thinking about coming to Delaware.
How do you increase the reach of your events with tourism? Travelers see more, do more and spend more if they know more.
- Learn about how you can work with DTO and what resources available to help you.
- Submit your events to the highly-visited DTO events calendar (events submitted to DelawareScene.com automatically feed into the calendar).
- Send DTO links for deals and coupons, which can help drive more people to your programming.
- Take a look at the site’s Arts & Culture Page to ensure your listing information is up to date.
- Be part of the Delaware Tripadvisor Partnership to entice visitors to travel to your event.
Together we can make Delaware known for its thriving arts community.