Labor Day at the Delaware Beaches
Labor Day is finally here and what better way to spend the weekend than relaxing at the Delaware beaches? Here are some helpful travel tips to assist in planning ahead so you can enjoy your time with friends and family.
- Learn more about the Delaware Beaches including things to do, places to stay and where to dine in Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach and Fenwick Island. Each beach has its own style from bayside breezes to coastal charm. Pick which one calls to you.
- Discover the best sunrise and sunset spots at the beach.
- Savor every bite at the top seafood restaurants in Delaware. Learn how to pick and eat a steamed crab from a Delaware waterman and be the envy at your crab feast!
- Or serve up some local flavor at your end of summer BBQ by offering local wine and beer from the locations on Delaware on Tap!
- Want to take a break from the beach, but still enjoy the warm weather? Discover a variety of outdoor adventures on the coast.
- Enjoy kid-friendly things to do from amusement rides to water parks.
- Searching for beach travel tips? We've compiled a list of tips for travelers. We also suggest downloading the DelDOT App for traffic information on either the Android or iPhone for free. If you’re on a desktop computer, you can view an interactive traffic map on their main website.
- Create a ParkMobile account ahead time to pay for parking at the beaches.
- Take a break from the road. The Cape May-Lewes Ferry is a 90-minute scenic ride for travelers visiting the Delaware beach area. Foot passengers can purchase tickets online or at the ferry terminal. Be sure to reserve your ticket in advance!
- The Jolly Trolley Shuttle Service is a convenient way to travel between Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach. The Jolly Trolley will be running through Labor Day weekend from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. Rates are $3.00 one-way and $5.00 round trip. Cash only.
- The state’s bus service, DART First State, offers a beach-wide resort transit service at both the Rehoboth and Lewes Park & Ride lot.
Travel Tip: Note that seating is limited, with no reserved seating.
- Please check with the individual beach towns or chambers of commerce for details about parking, pets on the beach, beach rules and regulations, etc.
- Best tip of all...have the best weekend ever and share your travel photos with on Instagram and Pinterest by following VisitDelaware and tagging your posts with #Delagram.