Nature bursts with beauty every autumn in Delaware. Fall foliage brings a lovely contrast of crimson and gold leaves against the crystal blue skies across the lush wooded hills of Northern Delaware. Farther south along the breezy stretches of coast, a softer glow emerges day by day. It’s a time of glorious, crisp weather making it a perfect time of year for day-trippers and weekend travelers to hop in their cars and explore some of...
Fall at the Delaware Beaches
Shorter days, brilliantly colored foliage, and crisp, cool air are all signs that the season of fall has arrived in Delaware. As the seasons change, the Delaware beaches remain vibrant and the number of things to do in the fall challenges the number of leaves falling from the trees.
Here are the top 5 things to do this fall at the Delaware beaches:
- Unique Dining : The change in season means a change in flavors like butternut squash, chicken and dumplings and pumpkin pie. Enjoy fall favorites at the beach with a waterfront view at Catch 54, Grain on the Rocks or 99 Sea Level.
- Outdoor Adventures : This fall be immersed in the natural beauty of the season. Explore the beaches, & beyond on a scenic ride down the Junction Breakwater Trail or walk through history near the dunes at Fort Miles Historical Area.
- Tax-free Shopping : Showcasing the latest fall fashions, the Tanger Outlets are ideal for getting some tax-free shopping done in the fall. You can also take a stroll down the open-air Penny Lane Mall or Bethany Garfield Parkway, both with a diverse selection of shops for everyone.
- Scenic Byways : There is no better time to travel the scenic byways of Delaware than when they glow with the beauty of autumn. Take the Coastal Highway Drive through the beach towns of Delaware, or the Delaware Bayshore Byway along the coast to experience fall as you’ve never before.
- Beach Fun : The ocean is still warm and parking is free! Enjoy the fall weather by lounging on the beach and soaking up the sun is the perfect fall activity for a moment of relaxation.