‘Tis the season to sparkle and shine! Enjoy driving thru towns gleaming with holiday lights, or sit back and experience the warmth of stage lights at Delaware theatres.
Winter wonderland adventures
The great outdoors combined with one-of-a-kind artwork makes for the perfect way to explore Delaware this winter. Discover wintery backdropped Insta-worthy moments with the Delaware Discoveries Trail, or take a hike through a leaf covered path at top Delaware State Parks. Keep the outside adventures in full-festive swing when you browse for your very own unique christmas tree at these top farms.
Beach vibes - winter edition
Winter blues should only refer to the color of the ocean. Feel the brisk winter air while taking in views of Delaware’s award-winning beaches that create a majestic landscape year-round. Take a sail on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry for an even bluer view.
Plan for a spa getaway that is worth melting for at the Inn at Montchanin, or enjoy some retail therapy with this Ultimate Guide to Holiday Shopping.
Ways to warm-up
What is a frosty winter day spent outdoors without a cocktail to warm you up after? Choose to make your own holiday cocktails with to-go bottles or visit all the flavors of these Delaware Distillery locations.
- Bombay Hook, Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuges : One of the top spots for migratory birding in the spring and fall along the East Coast.
- Cape Henlopen State Park : Enjoy the spot where the bay meets the ocean. From sunbathing to fishing to disc golfing, this is one of the most popular parks in Delaware.
- Cape Water Tours & Taxi : Feel the coastal breeze as you explore the inland waterways on a guided tour.
- Delaware Seashore State Park : Whether you are enjoying the ocean breeze or the bayside waterway adventures, this is a top spot for enjoying the coastal beauty of Delaware.
- Jack A. Markell Trail : Cycle from the Riverfront Wilmington to the quiet beauty of scenic wetlands.
- Lums Pond State Park/Go Ape! Treetop Adventure Course : Paddle your way through waterway adventures or climb to new heights on a treetop and zipline course.
- Mt. Cuba Center : Enjoy the quiet solitude of being surrounded by woodlands and natural gardens.
- Scenic Drives : To enjoy the outdoors from the comfort of your car, explore some of the state’s best Scenic Drives.
- Trap Pond State Park : Enjoy paddling along bald cypress trees is an unforgettable Delaware experience.