Delaware is the perfect place for a family getaway this summer! You’ll enjoy the closeness of your loved ones while taking in some of the most unique towns on the East Coast. With relaxing parks, beautiful beaches, fascinating museums and historic hotels, you and your family can take a few moments off from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Rent a beach house close to the water for your entire family. Rehoboth Beach’s iconic boardwalk features concerts year-round, Funland Amusement Park, and everybody’s favorite boardwalk treats. Plus, you’ll be close to the thrilling water parks, such as Jungle Jim’s.
- Wake up with an ocean view and the sounds of the sea in Bethany Beach. There are festivals and events all summer long, and the clean water of the Atlantic Ocean is wonderful for splashing around in the sun! You’re only a short drive away from Viking Mini-Golf and Go-Karts, and Thunder Lagoon Water Park. So, there will always be plenty to do with your whole crew.
- Visit historic Dover and camp at nearby Killens Pond State Park. Prepare a picnic to enjoy on the green in front of Delaware’s current or former capitol buildings. If you need a break from the heat, try exploring the John Victrola Museum or Biggs Museum of American Art. Killens Pond campground in Felton is the perfect place to spend a summer weekend. The refreshing water park is a great place to cool off from the hot summer sun.
- Stroll Lewes’s breezy canalfront. Dine with a water view. Visit the Crooked Hammock brewery, which features a fun play area for children and great brews for parents. This charming beach town is the perfect place to spend a weekend with your family. Stay in one of the town’s quaint B&Bs and feel like you’ve stepped back in time to the colonial era!
- Delaware’s State Parks are the perfect place to pitch a tent and camp outdoors with the whole family. Trap Pond State Park features the chance to paddle through rare Bald Cypress trees. Lums Pond State Park offers a chance to see its scenery from the sky when you GoApe and zipline across the pond from this treetop adventure course. Whichever state park you choose, you’ll be treated to a quiet getaway where you can get in touch with nature and blaze the trail to family adventures and memories that will last a lifetime.
No matter what adventure you embark on, Delaware is the perfect place for a relaxing and fun family getaway. Be sure to share your favorite finds and best memories with us on Instagram using #Delagram!