Firefly 2017 is here. And if you’re spending the long WEEKND in Delaware, take the CHANCE to enjoy all of what the state has to offer. Everything is conveniently located, so you won’t need TWENTY ONE PILOTS to help you BOB from incredible experience to incredible experience. Let the list below be your MUSE.
1. Watch the sunrise - Take a scenic drive down to Cape Henlopen State Park before dawn, and enjoy the unfolding of a sunrise that will take your breath away. Delaware’s beaches are known for being some of the top sunrise spots in the country. You’ll never forget the sound of the water lapping up on shore and the sight of the sky lighting up for the day.
2. Grab some crab at Sambo’s - Firefly is certainly full of amazing food vendors. But if you’re in Delaware, you’ve got to do it right. Sambo’s Tavern in Leipsic is a legendary crab house, where fresh seafood comes in off the boat right onto their docks. It’s only a ten minute drive from The Woodlands, so grab an Uber and head to Leipsic. The water view from the deck will make your night even more magical.
3. Have a drink at a scenic winery, top notch brewery, or fun distillery – The Delaware Beer, Wine & Spirits Trail will take you on a journey to the most incredible drinks in the state. Try Dogfish Head’s delicious Firefly Ale while you’re in the festival grounds. Then expand your horizons with seven Trail stops within 15 minutes of Firefly and many, many more on the routes back to places like Philadelphia, New York and Baltimore.
4. Try something new at a Delaware state park – Stand Up Paddleboarding, or SUP, is taking our state by storm! Delaware’s state parks are the perfect place to try it for the first time. Fenwick Island or Delaware Seashore State Parks are top choices. But Trap Pond State Park is a one-of-a-kind location you’ll be bragging to your friends about visiting as you combine the calm water and the experience of paddling through a stunning baldcypress swamp.
5. Visit the Constitution Yards Beer Garden – Before you head home, you’ve got to check out the Wilmington Riverfront, located right off of I-95. It is lively and charming, and the Constitution Yards Beer Garden is the best place to take it all in. Refresh yourself with a beverage from the bar, or fill your stomach with a tasty treat from their kitchen. Play yard games, including cornhole, oversized jenga, wiggle ball or bocce for an extra fun time.
Now you’re ready for an amazing weekend and beyond. Share your adventures in Delaware with #Delagram as you check these items off your bucket list!