Travelers in the Mid-Atlantic region are a short drive away from an affordable and exciting destination. By traveling to Delaware, visitors can getaway from big city traffic, busy work life and long distance travel hassles on a reasonable budget. Delaware offers everything from beautiful beaches to NASCAR race weekends!
With gas prices on the rise, travelers can save money on gas and airline tickets by taking advantage of premier attractions, accommodations and dining options within their own backyard! Delaware is just a tank full away from Philadelphia, Washington D.C., and New York City.
Not only will travelers be saving money on transportation but many of Delaware’s attractions and parking is free of charge! Plus, overnight stays at local hotels are an affordable option for any budget. Book now and save on spring and early-summer packages!
Looking to save even more money? Here are some driving tips:
• Lighten the load! Take out any miscellaneous items in the car that add extra weight.
• Check your tire pressure. The U.S. Department of Energy reports that proper tire inflation can improve car fuel economy by up to 3%.
• There’s an app for that! For a list of apps that can help you find the lowest gas prices or avoid traffic, go to http://blog.truecar.com/2011/03/14/ten-apps-for-saving-money-on-gas/.
• Ease up on the brakes. The U.S. Department of Energy reports aggressive driving can lower a car’s fuel economy by up to 33%.
• Stay within the limits! By just simply slowing down and going the speed limit travelers will increase their fuel efficiency.
Now, that you have some cost saving travel ideas and tips its time to hit the road and discover Delaware!