Shop local for the holidays in Delaware
Searching for the perfect gift while shopping safely? Give love to your local by shopping with Delaware’s small businesses. From curbside to delivery, local stores statewide have created innovative ways to shop small all season! Below are a handful of ideas for shopping local to find additional locations, please go to browse these listings.
Boutique, antique and unique
There are hidden gems throughout Delaware including stores that have one-of-a-kind apparel, accessories and more! Many locations are offering delivery, curbside, Facebook live sales and even private shopping hours. Here are some top spots to browse and shop local from the comfort of home!
- Downtown Dover: With curbside pickup, delivery and more, you can virtually shop downtown Dover from Larry the Security cat’s home of BluVintage to Suds Bar Shop & Essentials and Bel Boutique. If you stop by for pickup, make sure to grab coffee and sweets at House of Coffi.
- Shops in Greenville: Safely browse the upscale shops and boutiques for clothing, jewelry, accessories, home furnishings and more! Stop by Brew Ha Ha! or Pizza by Elizabeths for some takeout as you shop safely.
- Historic Lewes: Stroll down charming Second Street in Lewes and shop for outdoor wear at Henlopen Trading Co., unique books and treasures at Bibilion or beach décor for your home at Lewes Gifts. Before you leave historic Lewes, order to-go food from Agave, Touch of Italy or Half Full.
- Downtown Wilmington: With private shopping hours and online deals, shop tax-free with Morgans of Delaware, A.R. Morris Jewelers, Al's Sporting Goods and much more in downtown Wilmington. Plus, for extra festive cheer head over to Blitzen Bar. Or enjoy outdoor dining at Bardea, Maker's Alley and more!
- Rehoboth and Bethany Beach: Boutiques and one-of-a-kind shops line the streets of downtown Rehoboth and Bethany Beach. Must-shop stops range from the Christmas Spirit store to find décor for the season, Browseabout Books or Bethany Beach Books for top picks for avid readers and the list goes on. As you search for the perfect pet gift or fashion accessory, make sure to stop by 3BB café in Bethany Beach for some caffeine and treats or Thrashers in Rehoboth for that iconic beach fry boardwalk fare. For all your furniture and decor needs check out Salvaged Furniture Parlour, ask them about their delivery and shipping options too!
- Antique Alley in Bridgeville: A 20,000+ square foot antique mall with tons of dealers and booths. This spot is perfect for unique antique and treasure hunting.
- Gift shops galore: Many of the historic attractions and cultural sites in Delaware have gift shops available to shop online for unique gifts. Here are just a few of these hidden gems: Winterthur Museum Store, Biggs Museum of American Art and Out of the Box DIY.
Pair shopping local with savoring local
Before browsing all the local finds online, make sure to stop by one of Delaware’s craft beverage locations to warm up with local flavor. From wine lovers to craft cocktails to-go, download DE on Tap to find nearby locations offering to-go.
Take a break from the kitchen
One of the best ways to support local businesses is to dine with nearby restaurants. Browse the Visit Delaware restaurant listings to find some new spots to try! From curbside to takeout, you can enjoy delicious meals without the hassle of cooking. Or buy gift cards to give back to the restaurants!
All the trimmings
We can’t forget about all the trimmings! Here are some bonus ways to shop local this season:
- Find the perfect Christmas tree or winter season plants for tablescapes. Plus, make sure to stop by Ronny’s Christmas Wonderland for tons of décor ideas.
- Head to a local farm for fruits, veggies, meats and cheese to make holiday meals a bit more special this year.
- Order from a local bakery for sweet treats! You’ve been baking all year. It’s time to let someone else take care of the treats!
Please remember to plan ahead and maintain social distancing. Please wear a face covering, bring hand sanitizer, and only travel with those within your immediate family unit. Make sure to review guidelines before arriving at your destination. Some locations may be operating under different capacity or require reservations. Please remember to stay home if you are sick.