As you get ready to pack for your trip to the Delaware State Fair or Firefly Music Festival in Delaware next week, here are some ideas to make the most of your trip! For information about how to travel to Delaware, visit http://www.visitdelaware.com/visitors/maps-transportation.
Dinning suggestions around the event areas:
• Abbotts Grill – located in Milford. American cuisine and bar
• Cool Springs Fish Bar and Restaurant – located in Dover. Seafood cuisine
• McGlynns Pub and Restaurant – located in Dover. American and Irish cuisine
• Restaurant 55 – located in Dover. Casual dining with rotating tap selection
• Sheridan’s Irish Pub and Restaurant – located in Smyrna. Traditional Irish fare and American cuisine
If you’re not staying in Dover, we suggest the following restaurants:
• Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats - The official beer of the Firefly Music Festival. If you loved their Firefly Ale, you must visit the brewpub
• Henlopen City Oyster House – located in Rehoboth Beach. Seafood cuisine with taps selection
• Summer House – located in Rehoboth Beach. American cuisine
• Harry’s Seafood Grill – located near I-95 in Wilmington. Seafood cuisine and worldwide selection of wine
• Iron Hill Brewery on the Wilmington Riverfront – American cuisine and locally brewed beers
For additional Delaware restaurant listings, go to http://www.visitdelaware.com/visitors/restaurants.
For travelers planning to stay a few extra days, here are some suggestions for things to do in Delaware:
• Sample local brews and wines along the Delaware Wine and Ale Trail. Download your passport ahead of time and earn your chance to receive a limited edition wine glass or beer mug.
• Visit Delaware’s award-winning beaches, after all of the rocking out at Firefly and fun times at the Fair, you can pull up a beach chair and just enjoy the views!
• Stock up on the latest fashions and take advantage of Delaware’s tax-free shopping before you leave! Great way to buy more for less.