Enjoy a BOOzy specialty with Halloween cocktails. Stop by a Delaware distillery to purchase to-go bottles of spirits so you can make a pumpkin spice white Russian, purple potion punch and more!
Beach Time Distilling located in Lewes, DE specializes in leisurely refined spirits. Their newly online store makes it easier for you to order to-go bottles of spirits to pick up for the perfect Halloween drink. See the recipe below using the Beach Plum Rum!
Ingredients for a pitcher
- 1 cup of BeachTime Distilling’s Beach Plum Rum
- ½ cup of blood orange juice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 12 0z. Club soda
- 1 blood orange squeezed
- Muddle blackberries and blood orange
- Add ice to the pitcher and muddled blackberries and blood orange to pitcher
- Add all liquor to the pitcher
- Stir and garnish with extra blackberries and blood orange
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery in Rehoboth Beach, DE has a little something for everyone! This Halloween pick up a bottle of Dogfish Head Compelling Gin to make a festive Black Cat Martini! See the recipe below!
Black Cat Martini
- 2.5 oz Dogfish Head Compelling Gin
- .5 oz blue curacao
- .5 oz Chambord
- .5 oz Lemon
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, gin, blue curacao and chambord
- Shake for 15 seconds
- Pour into a chilled martini glass
- Squeeze lemon on top
Liquid Alchemy Beverages located in Wilmington, DE is a secret gem you didn’t know you were missing! Their Sweet Nothing mead is available to-go and is delicious in a Mead Toddy. Enjoy this drink after a cold night of Halloween trick-or-treating!
Halloween Mead Toddy
- 1.5 oz Liquid Alchemy Beverage Sweet Nothing Mead
- 1 oz Painted Stave Distilling Diamond State Straight Rye Whiskey
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 slice of fresh ginger
- Combine mead and whiskey in a mug
- Boil water and pour into mug when hot
- Stir in the honey
- Add in the ginger and squeeze lemon wedge
Painted Stave Stave Distilling located in Smyrna, DE offers handcrafted spirits that are made in small batches to ensure premium quality. Stop by to pick- up their bottle of pre-made Pumpkin Spice White Russians or buy their Silver Screen Vodka and see the recipe below to make your own!
Pumpkin Spice White Russian
Ingredients for 1 cocktail
- 1.5 oz. Painted Stave Silver Screen Vodka
- .5 oz. Coffee Liqueur
- 1 oz. Pumpkin spice creamer
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp. Crushed graham crackers
- 1tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Mix the crushed graham crackers and pumpkin spice together
- Dip the rim of your glass in water then coat the rim with the mixture
- Pour the vodka, liqueur and pumpkin spice in the glass over ice.
- Stir then top the drink with the cinnamon stick.
Each cocktail above can be topped with fun Halloween decorations or candy to make it more festive!
- Buy skeleton shaped mugs for the Halloween Mead Toddy.
- Add candy gummy eyeballs to the Black Cat Martini.
- Fill a syringe with alcohol for Pumpkin Spice White Russian.
- Freeze water in rubber gloves to make hand shaped ice for the Purple Potion Punch.
Before visiting Delaware be sure to view our Go-To-Guide for tips on how to #ExploreSafelyDE. Please remember to plan ahead and maintain social distancing. Please wear a face covering and bring hand sanitizer. Make sure to review guidelines before arriving at your destination. Some locations may be operating under different capacity or require reservations. Please remember to stay home if you are sick.