This year the exceptional women in our lives should be celebrated in extra special ways this Mother’s day! Skip the typical flowers, or store-bought card and make it a day she won’t forget with a weekend away in Delaware. We’ve rounded up a list of must do’s throughout the state, from places to eat, where to shop, and more!
- Must Eat: If you’re planning a fun-filled day, consider stopping to DE.CO Wilmington for a quick yet delicious to-go lunch. While there, you can pick up the perfect surprise gift - a Flower Cookie Bouquet from Sparkd Creative Pastry!
- Must Shop: Be sure to visit Blythe Boutique to shop their new spring arrivals, and get creative with their build your own bouquet bar happening Saturday, May 8!
- Must Do: Take a walk with your favorite woman in the world with views that will soon become a favorite for the both of you! A sunny socially-distant walk or bike along the riverfront on the Jack A. Markell Trail will make for the perfect day.
- Where to Stay: Relax after a day of fun at the Hilton WIlmington Christiana. A stroll through their courtyard garden, and a special mothers day brunch will have you feeling right at home.
- Must Eat: Enjoy the spring breeze together on the front porch at Governors Cafe. Where you can connect over a cup of coffee, or indulge in savory sandwiches.
- Must Shop: While in Downtown Dover, take mom to Bel Boutique for a new trendy outfit or matching jewelry! For a sweet surprise order one of their personalized Mothers Day gift box online ahead of time to pick up.
- Must Do: Cheers to the special day with spots along the Delaware on Tap trail. From wine in the vines at Harvest Ridge Winery, to introducing her to the flavors of craft beer at Fordham & Dominion Brewing.
- Where to Stay: Home2Suites in Dover is conveniently located in Central Delaware, and a cozy spot to relax after a day of adventuring. Sit by the fire on their outdoor patio space, and connect over old memories, or enjoy talking about the new ones you’ve made on your special weekend away!
- Must Eat: What better way to treat your favorite person than with a delicious Italian meal! Visit Two Meatballs Deli for wood-fired pizza, cannolis, savory pasta dishes and more. For a fun to-go option pick up ingredients in their market section and make a meal together!
- Must Shop: For a gift that keeps on giving, take mom to Peppers Greenhouse where you can browse for house plants, flowering plants, herbs, birdhouses, and more!
- Must Do: Was your mom the one to yell the loudest at your childhood soccer games? If so, bring her to Millville Boardwalk to tap into that competitive spirit of hers over a game of putt-putt or with classic arcade games. Plus moms get a free wristband with the purchase of one $20 wristband! (One wristband is good for one round of golf + one scoop of ice cream + 40 tokens to the arcade.)
- Where to Stay: Camp with all the comforts of home in a cozy cottage at Massey's Landing. The waterfront views, and quiet escape of the cottages will make for a unique mother’s day.
- Must Eat: Treat mom to the most important meal of the day, brunch! Enjoy boardwalk views with brie & pear tarts to eggs florentine with lobster at Victoria's Restaurant and more with this list of Mother’s Day Brunches in Delaware.
- Must Shop: The tax-free options in Delaware will have you wanting to shop all day. At Tanger Outlets in Rehoboth beach you can shop top brands to find the perfect gift for mom or simply spend some quality time together.
- Must Do: Explore Cape Henlopen State Park on the Mother’s Day Nature Walk. On this guided walk you'll be looking for beautiful spring flowers and some of nature's best moms!
- Where to Stay: For a unique stay that is both cozy and fun book a room at the Dogfish Inn. This intimate spot is perfect for a weekend getaway where you can roast s'mores over a campfire, and wake up to freshly brewed coffee.
Fun Never Ends!
On the way home plan stops along the Delaware Discoveries Trail for picture perfect memories to add to those scrapbooks. If you stop at four locations, and submit your photos at www.DelawareDiscoveries.com you’ll earn your chance to win a prize!
Before visiting Delaware be sure to view our Go-To-Guide for tips on how to Explore Safely. Please remember to plan ahead and maintain social distancing. Please wear a face covering and bring hand sanitizer. Make sure to review guidelines before arriving at your destination. Some locations may be operating under different capacity or require reservations. Please remember to stay home if you are sick.