For Halloweekend trip ideas in Delaware, here is a guide to all things outdoor movies, great eats, fall favorites, and more!
Lantern Tour of the Dover Green
Explore the historic streets of downtown dover at night! Hear forgotten stories as your guide leads you into the mists of the past by lantern light.
Carrie the Musical at Clear Space Theatre
Based on Stephen King's bestselling novel, CARRIE the musical hasn't been seen since its legendary 1988 Broadway production. Enjoy this showing of CARRIE the musical at Clear Space Theatre’s exceptional acting, elaborate costumes, and creative lighting.
Leftys Drive-in Movies
Just pull up and park with your crew in your favorite ride, then sit back and relax while you watch great classic movies and chow on awesome Lefty's grub, served car-side.
10/30 The Rocky Horror Picture Show
10/31 Casper at 6:30pm - Wear your costume and participate in Trunk or Treat
Drive-In Cinema at Bellevue
The Grand Cinema at Bellevue State Park presents The Nightmare Before Christmas and the horror thriller HALLOWEEN all in one night! Popcorn, drink, and scares included.
7:30pm - The Nightmare Before Christmas
10:00pm - Halloween
A friendly witch visits the Wilmington & Western Railroad to ride the train and visit with the children. All passengers in costume ride for just $10 on this 1-hour round-trip to Mt. Cuba. This train does not lay over at the Mt. Cuba Picnic Grove.
A Hammock Halloween
Join us for a Halloween event for the entire family! Enjoy fresh brews, live music all day, FREE Kids pumpkin painting, lots of candy, plus the opportunity to paint your very own custom Growler!
Halloween at Hagley
Looking for a safe place to trick or treat this Halloween? Head to Hagley for a triple treat with three activities in one. Enjoy trick-or-treat stations, science Saturdays, mind tricks and treats, or jump on a hayride to enjoy fall’s splendor along the Brandywine.
This is Halloween Event at Hudson Fields
Food, music, artists, vendors, and safely distanced fun and entertainment will once again mark the event, capped off by a double-feature screening “A Nightmare Before Christmas” and the original 1978 classic “Halloween.”
Pac-Maize at Fifers Orchards
Explore the pac-man themed corn maze, pick your own pumpkins, and indulge in sweet treats like apple cider slushies and Delaware-made ice cream. View more fun things to do on local Delaware farms here
Bonus weekend adventure ideas:
Start checking off your fall bucket list early with these top things to do
- Visit a Delaware Distillery and try your hand at one of these Halloween Cocktails
- Take a scenic road trip or Explore some of the most beautiful views in Delaware with this list of top spots for fall foliage
- Explore your craft beer taste buds when you travel to locations on the DE on Tap app. Be sure to check in to each brewery you try out for your chance to win a prize! Most breweries offer live music on the weekends.
- Find the perfect Insta-worthy moment and experience a new one-of-a-kind experience on the Delaware Discoveries Trail. Explore nine pieces of interactive street artwork throughout the state that you won’t see anywhere else.
- Enjoy this weekend outdoors when you dine at these top outdoor dining spots for Fall
- Where to stay - From affordable hotels to scenic campgrounds, plan your quick weekend getaway with one of these comfy places to stay
Before visiting Delaware be sure to view our Go-To-Guide for tips on how to #ExploreSafelyDE. Please remember to plan ahead and maintain social distancing. Please wear a face covering and bring hand sanitizer. Make sure to review guidelines before arriving at your destination. Some locations may be operating under different capacity or require reservations. Please remember to stay home if you are sick.