- Cape Henlopen State Park : Pick your flavor of fun at Cape Henlopen, a stunning and picturesque wonderland of Delaware’s unique oceanside landscape: Walking and biking trails twist gently through soft and sandy dunes, overflown by singing shorebirds and touched by salty ocean breezes. Fishing and sunbathing are top activities but don’t miss the chance to take a walk to the end of the cape, surrounded by sea and a world away from your worries.
- Inland Bays : The quiet and calming ambience of Delaware’s peaceful inland bays are just steps from the seashore, but so secluded from our worrisome world. Pick your next moment of Zen from a bounty of adventures: kayak tours, paddleboard yoga sessions, or maybe even a splashy dash across the bay aboard your roaring jet-ski. Check out Coastal Kayak, Dewey Beach Watersports, Delaware Paddlesports, Delmarva Board Sport Adventures, Cape Water Tours & Taxi, Rehoboth Surf Boarding School, or Dewey Beach Parasail.
- Close to Nature : Get up, get out and get moving at Delaware’s top back-to-nature destinations: See flocks of shorebirds fill the sky at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge. Explore the lush rolling hills and soothing scenery of Delaware’s First State National Historical Park, with more than 18 miles of trails for hiking, running, biking, or horseback riding. Climb into the treetops and take a zipline across the water at Lums Pond State Park, home of the Go Ape Treetop Adventure course.
- Water Tours : With so many beautiful waterways to enjoy, Delaware gives travelers a chance to cool down even as the days warm up. Along the sea coast, Cape Water Tours casts off throughout the summer with narrated excursions along the coast, evening cruises and even voyages accompanied by live music. Or take a journey of your own at Woodland beach, a perfect scenic kayaking destination.
Enjoy the Delaware Beaches :
Whether you’re looking to spend your days in the sand or exploring the charms of coastal living, you can choose from six beach towns for your next beach getaway. Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, South Bethany and Fenwick each have its own style that you’ll want to make it your forever vacation spot.
- Delaware Discoveries Trail : Find the perfect Insta-worthy moment and experience a new one-of-a-kind experience in Delaware. Explore nine pieces of interactive street artwork throughout the state that you won’t find anywhere else.
Discover the great outdoors :
From kayaking alongside bald cypress trees at Trap Pond State Park to hiking through serene trails at White Clay Creek State Park you'll be amazed at what you can discover outdoors in Delaware.
With nearly 600-acres of scenic surroundings, Mt. Cuba Center in northern Delaware is filled with some of the region’s finest woodland and wildflower gardens. Enjoy a picnic in the meadows, take an educational tour, or take a few moments to appreciate the wonders of nature.
Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge is the perfect spot for migratory bird watching and wildlife spotting. Stretching eight miles along the Delaware Bay, Bombay Hook is home to walking trails; observation towers and is a photographer’s dream location!
Take a drive through serene landscapes while traveling Delaware’s scenic byways. From historic communities to coastal waterways, you’ll be reminded that time on the road can be more than just exit signs and rest stops.
What is your Beach Style?
Along the Delaware beaches, you’ll find each town carries this gentle air of serenity but also boasts its own style. Listening, you hear the waves and wind, mixing softly with the songs of playful gulls. Soaking it in, you’re left with only a sense of calm. But, looking out you'll find just the right view for you. Revel in Lewes' history or travel off the beaten path to the quiet Bethany Beach. No matter where you visit, you’ll find dining, shopping, and entertainment that fits perfectly into your style.