Destination Development Program - Business Incubator
The business incubator will provide a guided program of business development resources, marketing/branding experts, etc. The selected participants will receive direct services from a national travel and tourism marketing agency. After a period of strategic planning and training, organizations that participate in the incubator program will have the tools and resources to implement comprehensive marketing outreach to attract visitors and provide compelling experiences.
Through a competitive application process, three businesses or organizations (one in each county) will be selected by a committee to receive the incubator services. Applications are due on March 15, 2021. Announcement of selected participants will be March 29, 2021.
Selected incubator participants will receive services in the following areas:
1) Audience/customer analysis regarding out-of-state visitors utilizing or potential to utilize their business, visit their city or attend their event.
2) Branding analysis and recommendations based on target out-of-state audience/customer
3) Marketing plan research and implementation as well as up to $20,000 in advertising dollars
4) Marketing collateral design that is easily editable for creating a sustainable marketing platform
5) Online media audit and training on how to utilize social media, online tools and website managements to achieve ROI with their target out-of-state visitor
All incubator entrants must:
- Be a tourism related small business, non-profit organization or activity and located within the state of Delaware with a maximum of 20 FTEs.
- Have been in operation for at least two years.
- Provide at least 2-3 people from their business/organization to attend all required virtual meetings with vendors and coordinate their receipt of services at their location.
- Submit proposals via the form below by March 15, 2021. The proposal must include:
- an overview of the organization/business/event including the mission and outlines how the organization/business/event draws out-of-state visitors,
- detail of business/organization/event need for the program,
- information on how the organization/business/event could use the development program’s services to increase out-of-state visitation, the organization's ROI and overnight stays,
- an overview of the past two years of marketing plans including costs and results
- organizational chart with names,
- list of board members, if applicable.
- Complete the applicant background document and submit below. Please download document at this link
Please submit an application, proposal, and background document through the below form. Applications are due on March 15, 2021