Destination Development Program - Workshop Training
The workshop training will provide the tools and ongoing support for tourism professionals on how to develop and implement a robust communications and marketing strategy. The 6-month workshop series will feature a new topic each month and will be led by subject matter experts from a top marketing agency. The training also includes one-on-one follow-up sessions to expand upon that month's topic.
Through a competitive application process, 15 individuals from tourism related businesses or organization (5 in each county) will be selected by a committee to join the workshop training program. Applications are due on March 15, 2021. Announcement of selected participants will be March 29, 2021.
Selected workshop training participants will receive informative sessions from experts in the following areas:
1) How to determine target audience and how to reach them
2) Digital media best practices (social media, build a website, etc)
3) Branding best practices (how to take photography, videography, messaging, etc.)
4) Tracking success (analytics, data)
All workshop training entrants must:
- Work at a tourism related small business, non-profit organization or activity and located within the state of Delaware with a maximum of 20 FTEs.
- Have worked at the location for at least two years.
- Submit proposals via the form below by March 15, 2021. The proposal must provide:
- an overview of the organization/business/event including the mission, history and how the organization/business/event draws out-of-state visitors,
- an overview of the professional experience of the individual applying including previous work history, skills, etc.,
- detail of business/organization/event need for the program,
- information on how the training program’s services will help the individual's organization/project increase out-of- state visitation, their ROI and overnight stays.
- an overview of the past two years of marketing plans including costs and results,
- organizational chart with names,
- list of board members, if applicable.
- Complete the applicant background document and submit below. Please download document at this link.
Please submit an application, proposal, and background document through the below form. Applications are due on March 15, 2021.