Fenwick Island Lighthouse
Constructed in 1859, this 87 foot tower was intended to assist mariners in avoiding the dangerous shoals offshore which had claimed many ships before its establishment. Located on the grounds is the first of a series of stone monuments that were placed by surveyors in 1750-51 to mark the Transpeninsular Line separating Delaware and Maryland. While the tower is inaccessible at present, an organization of volunteers conducts tours of the grounds from May thru October. Please call for hours.
103 146th Street Ocean City, MD 21842