Wilmington Friends Meeting House
Since 1738 the Wilmington Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends has been a presence on the high point of land between Fourth and West and Washington Streets. Here Wilmington Friends School had its beginning in 1748 and, with many sprawling additions to the building and a growing enrollment, remained on Quaker Hill in continuous operation until 1937. Thomas Garrett, Delaware’s Greatest Stationmaster on the Underground Railroad, was a prominent member of the meeting house.
Wilmington, DE 19801