A fresh cup of coffee might be just what you need first thing in the morning or for an afternoon pick me up. From north to south, Delaware is packed with local coffee joints serving up amazing and creative coffee concoctions paired perfectly with bagels, pastries, comfort foods and more. Find your next caffeine fuel station here!
Delaware’s Most Charming Towns
Delaware’s small towns are full of charm, from the history-lined, cobblestone streets of New Castle to the coastal dining and charming boutiques of Lewes, each offering an authentic and unforgettable experience.
- Bellefonte: Revel in the arts : Relax and recharge as you spend a quiet afternoon in Bellefonte visiting the town’s antique shops and Bellefonte Arts, where you’ll find works by local artists and craftspeople. Once you work up an appetite, head to Bellefonte Café for live music and a menu of delicious dishes, including vegan offerings.
- Leipsic: Sample the seafood : Watching the boats come in along Leipsic’s waterfront is a great way to unwind and relax after a long day. The whole town turns out for the Leipsic Oyster Festival in October where the oysters are served fried or raw and are always delicious. Sambo’s Tavern is the seasonal spot locals go for seafood and inspiring sunsets from April to October.
- Lewes: Shop and dine in style : This seaside town offers something for everyone -- pristine beaches, art galleries, eclectic boutiques, and a lively restaurant scene. Experience the inspired menu at Striper Bites Bistro and for lovers of 1950s-era nostalgia, book a room at the retro Dogfish Inn, a loving tribute to the beachfront motels of yesteryear. Cape Water Tours and Taxi is a great way to explore the area’s inland waterways with a sunset cruise.
- Milford: Quiet charm with an artsy edge : Walk along the Milford Riverwalk to explore the town’s green spaces and restaurants. Grab something sweet and savory at My Sister’s Fault, a Puerto Rican inspired bakery, and then head to Mispillion River Brewing Company for a pour of delicious craft beer.
- New Castle: Transport yourself back in time : The picturesque cobblestone streets of this historic town will take you back to a simpler time when horse-drawn carriages were the preferred mode of transportation. Come see colonial history on display at First State National Historical Park, which includes Delaware’s first capitol building.
- Smyrna: Explore the outdoors and stop for a craft beverage : Spend some time exploring the miles of trail at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge, home to thousands of migratory birds. Then stop in town to find inventive craft beverages at Blue Earl Brewing, Brickworks Brewing & Eats, and Painted Stave Distilling. Their offerings will put you in the mood for a delicious pulled pork sandwich or a rack of fall-off-the-bone ribs at Maverick Texas BBQ.
- South Bethany: Get out on the water : With its location between the Atlantic Ocean and Little Assawoman Bay, laid-back South Bethany offers activities for the entire family from swimming in the ocean to kayaking and fishing in the bay. Rent a beach house with ResortQuest by Wyndham Vacation Rentals and bring the family, or gather up your friends for an active vacation by the water.
Explore More in Delaware
Order a Discovery Guide
Order a Discovery Guide
Endless possibilities will be delivered to your door when you order a Delaware Discovery Guide. Every turning page shows the charm of attractions, dining, and places to stay in Delaware.