Start planning to make the most of your visit to Delaware! View summer in Delaware destinations, sign up for the latest travel tips, or order a Delaware Discovery Guide to discover your next great getaway.
Top spots to photograph in Delaware
From sunrises on the beach to the grand vistas of the regal estates, Delaware offers an array of iconic places to not only capture your hearts but also capture beautiful photography. Your creativity will come to life through the scenic landscapes, and elements that make Delaware unique. Here are just a few of the top spots for viewing Delaware through a lens.
- Delaware Discoveries Trail : Find the perfect insta-worthy moment while exploring one-of-a-kind pieces of interactive street art.
- Riverfront Wilmington : Stroll along the Riverfront for unique cityscape views. As the night sky lights up, the contrast of the wetlands and skyscrapers make a great canvas.
- Cape Henlopen State Park : Experience the point where the bay meets the ocean. With iconic lighthouses and WWII observation towers, this scenic beach is a photographer’s dream.
- National Wildlife Refuges : Bombay Hook and Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuges are some of the top locations for spring and fall migratory birds each year.
- Delaware Seashore State Park : With ocean on one side, bay on the other, this is a rich location for water vistas. All in one day you’ll capture sunrise and sunset imagery that will make everyone jealous on your Instagram feed.
- Trap Pond State Park : Pack your waterproof camera gear and paddle out for incredible scenery. You’ll glide between bald cypress trees and through shaded waterway trails.
- Historic Cityscapes : In the First Town in the First State, you’ll find unique architecture along the Lewes canalfront. A quick drive north and you’ll find the, cobblestone streets and historic row homes whisk you back in time.