Delaware is the perfect place for a family getaway! With relaxing parks, beautiful beaches, fascinating museums, and dining, you and your family can take a few moments off from the hustle and bustle of everyday life
Kid-friendly Events in Delaware
Whether you spend a week away in a beachfront home away from home, or are just looking for something fun to do for the day making memories that'll last a lifetime is easy to do in Delaware. Memories that may be educational, adventurous, sentimental and so much more but most of all they are all kid-approved! From parades and fairs to sandcastle contests and antique cars, put these popular and affordable family-friendly events on your to-do list for your next vacation to Delaware.
- Bridgeville Apple Scrapple Festival (early October) : In honor of the state’s favorite breakfast treat, the Apple Scrapple Festival keeps things family-friendly with carnival rides, games, a car show, tractor pull and plenty of apples, scrapple, and other tempting treats.
- Delaware State Fair (end of July) : A glorious mash-up of kid-friendly entertainment, deep-fried treats, live music, rodeos, farm animals, and demolition derbies
- Dewey Beach Kids Beach Party and Bonfire (mid-June) : Get into the summer vibe with a live DJ and dancing, games, mascots, free snacks, contests, and face painting, followed by the first bonfire of the summer.
- Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Festival (late June) : This festival attracts thousands to Rockwood Park to listen to bluegrass and sample treats from local ice cream shops, restaurants, and craft breweries.
- Rehoboth Beach Sandcastle Contest (August) : Participants and spectators alike are invited to an event that sees 100 teams vie to be judged most artistic with fanciful themed creations made from sand.
- Sea Witch Halloween & Fiddler Festival (late October) : From a parade to the "best cackle contest", train rides to "dinosaur egg” hunt, the Sea Witch Festival offers spooky fun for the whole family.
- White Clay Creek Fest (first Saturday in May) : Food, music, artists and entertainers, all in the beauty of White Clay Creek State Park.