Take a stroll on Delaware’s top boardwalks Whether they’re weaving through scenic sprawls or hugging the Atlantic coast, these boardwalks are great for stretching your legs, feeling the sun on your skin, or just admiring amazing views. Check out Delaware’s top boardwalks, north to south here: Riverfront Wilmington A stroll down the Riverwalk is the perfect way to relax after a long day in the city. Hugging the Christina River, it’s a great location to...
Summer in Delaware Trip Ideas
Start planning to make the most of your visit to Delaware! View summer in Delaware destinations, sign up for the latest travel tips, or order a Delaware Discovery Guide to discover your next great getaway.
Enjoy the Delaware Beaches :
Whether you’re looking to spend your days in the sand or exploring the charms of coastal living, you can choose from six beach towns for your next beach getaway. Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, South Bethany and Fenwick each have its own style that you’ll want to make it your forever vacation spot.
- Delaware Discoveries Trail : Find the perfect Insta-worthy moment and experience a new one-of-a-kind experience in Delaware. Explore nine pieces of interactive street artwork throughout the state that you won’t find anywhere else.
Discover the great outdoors :
From kayaking alongside bald cypress trees at Trap Pond State Park to hiking through serene trails at White Clay Creek State Park you'll be amazed at what you can discover outdoors in Delaware.
With nearly 600-acres of scenic surroundings, Mt. Cuba Center in northern Delaware is filled with some of the region’s finest woodland and wildflower gardens. Enjoy a picnic in the meadows, take an educational tour, or take a few moments to appreciate the wonders of nature.
Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge is the perfect spot for migratory bird watching and wildlife spotting. Stretching eight miles along the Delaware Bay, Bombay Hook is home to walking trails; observation towers and is a photographer’s dream location!
Take a drive through serene landscapes while traveling Delaware’s scenic byways. From historic communities to coastal waterways, you’ll be reminded that time on the road can be more than just exit signs and rest stops.
- Cool off : One of the best ways to cool off during the summer months is to enjoy a big scoop of ice cream. Stop at a local dairy farm or ice cream stand to get a sneak peek at farm life with a scoop of freshly made ice cream. Some of the local’s top picks include Woodside Farm Creamery, UDairy, Hopkins Farm Creamery, King’s Ice Cream, and Kohrs Brothers Frozen Custard.
- Enjoy Riverfront Wilmington : Spend the day with the kids at the Riverfront Wilmington. Catch a Wilmington Blue Rocks game, explore new horizons at the Delaware Children’s Museum, play a round of putt putt at Riverfront Mini Golf, or dine out at Iron Hill Brewery.
- Craft beverage destination : While summer vacationing in Delaware, download the Delaware on Tap app and let it guide you to the state’s best craft beverage destinations. From the casual beer drinker to the wine connoisseur, the Delaware on Tap app has a destination for everyone and every palette.
- Take the historic route : Become inspired and engaged at Delaware’s many museums and art galleries. Encounter life-sized dinosaurs, view exquisite decorative arts or follow in the footsteps of the First State’s heritage on the Delaware History Trail.
- Tax-free shopping : Shop the latest fashions and buy more for less with Delaware’s tax-free shopping. From the Christiana Mall to the Tanger Outlet Center, and all of the eclectic boutiques along the way, you’ll find just what you need to accessorize your life.
Find Planning Tips
Order a Discovery Guide
Order a Discovery Guide
Endless possibilities will be delivered to your door when you order a Delaware Discovery Guide. Every turning page shows the charm of attractions, dining, and places to stay in Delaware.