The State of Delaware has worked hard to keep visitors and residents safe. The state has administered over 1.5 Million vaccines for COVID-19. Please remember to maintain social distancing, stay home if you’re sick and get the vaccine/booster, if you’re eligible to help prevent serious illness.
As you plan your next or future getaway, please take time to review travel tips. You can also view the go-to guide for more information on travel planning.
If you have additional questions please visit the FAQ section below or find more information at https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/frequently-asked-questions/.
Per CDC guidance it is suggested to be fully vaccinated or receive a negative COVID-19 test within 2-days before traveling. View more information on vaccine sites in Delaware here.
Some businesses, attractions or destinations may require additional protocols such as; reservations
Please remember to stay home if you are sick.
If you are aware of coming into contact with COVID-19 here is information for testing in Delaware https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/testing.
For the latest on Delaware’s current data for COVID-19 and vaccination distribution, please go to https://myhealthycommunity.dhss.delaware.gov/locations/state.
Explore Safely in Delaware
- Are the Delaware beaches open? : Yes, the beaches are open. By planning ahead, it is suggested to travel in non-peak times to help ensure social distancing. Weekdays and the fall season are ideal times to visit the beaches.
- Are hotels/vacation rentals, etc. open? : Yes, hotels, rentals, etc. are open to out-of-state guests without quarantine. Browse through listings of places to stay during your visit.
- Are the restaurants and craft beverage locations open? : Food and drink establishments are open, and take-out, curbside, or drive through services are available. Outdoor dining is available in many areas to create more air flow while dining out. Some businesses, attractions or destinations may require additional protocols such as; reservations.
- When is the best time to visit? : Please consider traveling and visiting at non-peak times including the weekdays, and spring and fall seasons. Popular check-in times are Friday and Saturday and popular checkout times are Saturday and Sunday. Consider traveling or visiting on a weekday to reduce the number of visitors you’ll encounter whether it be in the hotel lobby or lounging on the beach. It's also a great time to consider new experiences and discoveries that may be found off of the beaten path.
- Are museums open? : Yes, museums are open. Some locations may require additional protocols such as; reservations. We suggest viewing the museum's website, social media or giving them a call to make plans.
- Are there any events going on? : Yes, browse the Visit Delaware event calendar for information on concerts, drive-in movies and more. Some businesses, attractions or destinations may require additional protocols such as; reservations.