The State of Delaware has worked hard to keep visitors and residents safe. The state has reached 70% of residents vaccinated against COVID-19 and we are no longer under a state of emergency as of July 13, 2021. As you plan your next getaway, please take the time to review these tips.
If you have questions about where to visit or things to do let us help plan your trip, please complete this form and the Delaware Discovery Advisors will provide customized trip ideas. You can also view the go-to guide for more information on travel planning.
For those that are not vaccinated or partially vaccinated, it is encouraged to wear face coverings and socially distance in public settings.
Some businesses, attractions or destinations may require additional protocols such as; face coverings. Please check their website and social media before traveling.
Please remember to stay home if you are sick.
If you are aware of coming into contact with COVID-19 here is information for testing in Delaware https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/testing.
For the latest on Delaware’s current data for COVID-19 and vaccination distribution, please go to https://myhealthycommunity.dhss.delaware.gov/locations/state.
Explore Safely in Delaware
- Do I have to wear a face covering? : For those that are not vaccinated or partially vaccinated, it is encouraged to wear face coverings and socially distance in public settings.
- Are the Delaware beaches open? : Yes, the beaches are open. By planning ahead, it is suggested to travel in non-peak times to help ensure social distancing. Weekdays and the fall season are ideal times to visit the beaches.
- Are hotels/vacation rentals, etc. open? : Yes, hotels, rentals, etc. are open to out-of-state guests without quarantine. Browse through listings of places to stay during your visit.
- Are the restaurants and craft beverage locations open? : Food and drink establishments are open, and take-out, curbside, or drive through services are available. Outdoor dining is available in many areas to create more air flow while dining out.
Can I go camping? :
Yes, campground locations are open. It is suggested to book early and consider non-peak times to travel such as; weekdays or the fall season.
- When is the best time to visit? : Please consider traveling and visiting at non-peak times including the weekdays and fall season. Popular check in times are Friday and Saturday and popular check out times are Saturday and Sunday. Consider traveling or visiting on a weekday to reduce the number of visitors you’ll encounter whether it be in the hotel lobby or lounging on the beach. It's also a great time to consider new experiences and discoveries that may be found off of the beaten path.
- Are museums open? : Yes, museums are open. Some locations may require additional protocols such as; face coverings or reservations. We suggest viewing the museum's website, social media or giving them a call to make plans.
- Are there any events going on? : Yes, browse the Visit Delaware event calendar for information on concerts, drive-in movies and more.