Bethany Beach Regulations
During COVID-19 the following beach regulations are in place.
- Bethany Beach is open. Strict social distancing of 6ft between anyone outside a family unit must be maintained. Please remember to stay home if you are sick. Note the beach and boardwalk are closed from 1 to 5 a.m. daily.
- Guarded swimming will last the duration of the summer.
- Face coverings are required in public places including on the boardwalk and are encouraged on the beach.
- Walk-on surf fishing and other activities will be allowed to resume.
- The Town has converted parking spaces on Atlantic Avenue, beach front streets, and beach front parking lots (which are normally pay to park spaces) now free to vehicles displaying a 2020 Bethany Beach Residential Parking Permit. Downtown Bethany (Garfield Pkwy.) is limited to two hours only pay to park.
- Dogs are prohibited from walking on its beach and boardwalk from May 15th until September 30th.