Do state parks take camping reservations?
Visit the state parks Web site at for information on available facilities and phone numbers. Camping information is available in the "Things to Do" section.

Does the state of Delaware have a State Sales Tax?
There is no sales tax on any products purchased in Delaware. There is an accommodation tax of 8% for hotel and motel stays.

Can you tour Legislative Hall?
Yes. Reservations are required. Call (302) 739-4114 to schedule a tour.

Are pets allowed in the state parks?
Yes, but there are certain restrictions. Check the state parks Web site at for specific information. The parks' rules and regulations can be found in the "Things to Know" section of the Web site.

Are pets allowed on the public beaches?
Pets are not permitted in the swimming areas during the season. Some beaches allow pets on the beach in the off-season.

Are campfires allowed on the beach or in state parks?
Campfires are allowed at state park campsites that have fire rings. Fires are not permitted on the beaches.

Where can you get a fishing or hunting license?
Fishing and hunting licenses can be purchased online at or by calling (302) 739-4431.

For questions on beach accommodations and rental properties, please call the local Chambers of Commerce.

Chambers of Commerce    Telephone 
Rehoboth and Dewey Beach   (800) 441-1329 
Bethany and Fenwick Island    (800) 962-7873 
Lewes Beach    (302) 645-8073 

How many miles is it to Rehoboth, Wilmington and Dover?

    Rehoboth    Wilmington    Dover 
Baltimore    110    68    86 
District of Columbia    124    106    100 
Philadelphia    120    29    77 

For more information on gaming and directions to slots, call the individuals locations:

Delaware Park    Wilmington    (800) 417-5657 
Dover Downs    Dover    (800) 711-5882 
Midway Slots    Harrington    (800) 88-SLOTS7