Thanks for completing the form. Visit Delaware's Discovery Advisors will send you an e-mail within the next few days with travel ideas.
In the meantime, please browse the below travel information, things to do and more.
Know Before You Go
Travel may be different than last year. Here are ways to Summer Safely in Delaware.
- Face coverings coverings are required in all public spaces, even the outdoors, so be sure to pack yours!
- Social distancing is still in effect everywhere outside the home so please be sure to maintain six feet of distance between yourself and anyone outside the small group you traveled with, even when you’re outdoors.
- Keeping your hands clean and germ-free is more important than ever so be prepared to wash regularly and bring hand sanitizer for a more convenient option.
- All businesses are running at limited capacity so please make reservations at restaurants, historical sites and more. Contact the specific destination you're planning on visiting a week in advance to find out what to expect and when to reserve your spot.
- Check in, check out and housekeeping protocol may be different this visit. Reach out to your accommodations in advance to learn what to expect.
- Show small businesses some love by choosing to explore their unique products and cuisines.
Learn more about what to expect when you arrive in Delaware here.
Plan and Pack for Your Trip
Plan Your Visit - Start planning with tips from your Discovery Advisors and use this Summer Safely Planning guide to finalize your plans. From dining reservations to visiting destinations during non-peak times, planning ahead will allow your trip to be smooth and hassle-free.
Pack Accordingly - Stay organized and travel with ease when you have everything you need! Items from face coverings, hand sanitizer, reusable water bottle, sunscreen (maybe some aloe vera too!), and bug spray will ensure you are prepared. Download a new packing checklist.
Make Reservations - Of course it’s important to book your accommodations but, please remember to plan other activities ahead as well. While social distancing is still in effect, reservations are required at all restaurants. Arts, cultural and historical attractions also require reservations which may involve meeting an employee at the door and sanitizing your hands upon entry. Look into your desired destinations at least a week ahead of time to be prepared on what to expect and book a reservation. Use this Summer Safely Planning guide to help keep track.