Unique Places to Dine around Wilmington
Take a break from your old favorites and try something new with these unique places to dine around Wilmington. From signature happy hour delights to whimsical décor, each location has its own one-of-a-kind charm as well as flavor.
- Bellefonte Café : Imagine a cottage style cafe, just outside of the city, a place that feels like you’re going where everyone knows your name. The Bellefonte Café is filled with live music and artistic décor everywhere you turn. With their backyard garden dining, this is the perfect spot for happy hour, a moment to relax but also well known for their burgers and eclectic menu.
- Columbus Inn : With a wine cellar that has floor to ceiling savory options and a local’s favorite for brunch, this historic location built in the late 1700s is a modern take on historic charm. Enjoy a seasonally inspired menu with artisan and signature cocktails whether you’re having a night out under the stars on the patio or a romantic evening next to the fireplace.
- Juice Joint : One of the newest locations in Wilmington, this healthy option is located along the Riverfront with freshly pressed juice, smoothies, and a healthy menu of food options. With all the fresh ingredients locally sourced and beverages made fresh to order, you’ll feel refreshed after a stop at the Juice Joint.
- Krazy Kat’s : Once a blacksmith shop, the Krazy Kat’s Restaurant is a renowned dining spot with creative cuisine and a whimsical décor, you can’t find anywhere else. From tiger-print chairs to portraits of felines on the wall, this is one of the most unique and savory dining locations in Delaware. It has even been hosted to Vice President Harris’ family for a celebratory dinner.
- Le Cavalier at the Green Room : Located in the historic Hotel Du Pont, you’ll enjoy flavors influenced by North Africa and Provence with everything from French classics to inventive cuisine. Head Chef-Partner Tyler Akin, an acclaimed Philadelphia chef and restaurateur, has created a world at Le Cavalier filled with whimsical elegance inspired by his childhood memories.
- Merchant Bar : Located in downtown Wilmington with views of Market Street’s bustle, this gastropub is well known for their original hand-craft cocktail menu and small plates making this a perfect happy hour stop. These are city vibes you’re searching for without the big city prices.
- Pizza by Elizabeth’s : It’s about eclectic and elegant décor at this iconic spot to dine on artisan pizzas. The restaurant is filled with tributes from Elizabeth’s past to present with a vintage to modern atmosphere. They are, of course, well known for their handcrafted pizzas with the option of over 60 toppings but also make sure to try the cream of tomato soup!