The Value of Tourism in Delaware
- The total market value of goods and services produced (GDP) by the state's economy during 2014 was $3 billion.
- In 2014, there were 8 million visitors to the State of Delaware.
- The Delaware tourism industry is the 4th largest private employer in the state, employing 40,830 people.
- The tourism industry generated $470 million in state and local government taxes/fees in Fiscal Year 2014.
- Without tourism, each Delaware household would pay an additional $1,360 in taxes.
- The average visitor spent $573 per trip in 2014.