Delaware Beach Daycation
- Watch the sunrise : To make the most of your time, rise before the sun and hop in the car, on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, or board the DART Beach Bus, and head to Cape Henlopen State Park for a sunrise over the water before a casual breakfast at Surf Bagel.
- Hit the beach : Then, claim your spot on the sand at any of the state parks or on one of the public beaches in Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany or Fenwick Island. All locations are great for sunbathing, swimming and sandcastle building.
- Beyond the sand : If you choose to journey beyond the sand, you can cool off with some water park fun at Jungle Jim’s or Thunder Lagoon, or a go-kart ride around the track at Midway Speedway Park.
- Lunch time : Enjoy a quick lunch at Delaware beach staples Grotto Pizza, Harpoon Hannah’s or Mango’s where you can dine with a great view of the beach. After lunch is a great time for tax-free shopping.
- Waterfront Dinner : Be sure to save plenty of room for dinner with a view. Premium dinner spots for admiring beautiful sunsets include Big Chill Beach Club, The Rusty Rudder, Harpoon Hannah’s, Cultured Pearl, Catch 54, and so many others.
- Boardwalk fun : A stroll along the Rehoboth or Bethany boardwalk is the perfect way to cap off the day with its ice cream shops, arcades and Funland, full of games and rides perfect for the little ones.
- For the night owls : Night owls will find fun in Dewey Beach at places like the Starboard where live music takes the stage and signature Orange Crushes keep glasses full.
- Book your stay : If you're not ready for the fun to end, book a room at a beautiful beachfront hotel and turn your daycation into a weekend vacation.