Spring in Delaware
As the bright colors of the spring season bloom across Delaware’s stunning scenery, embark on a rejuvenating getaway to gorgeous gardens, invigorating outdoor recreational areas and exciting festivals. Spend spring in Delaware and take advantage of special packages at local hotels for a budget-friendly weekend getaway.
Top Spring Destinations
- Enjoy the delightful fragrance of beautiful gardens from Winterthur Museum and Gardens to historic downtown Lewes.
- Brighten up your spring fashions for less with Delaware’s tax-free shopping.
- Tee off at extraordinary and scenic public golf courses throughout Delaware.
- Grab a rod and enjoy fishing in Delaware’s scenic fresh and salt waterways.
- Join the festivities at Delaware event and spring festivals including Dover Days, the Annual Spring Sidewalk Sale in Rehoboth and Dewey Beach, the Lewes Tulip Festival and the Delmarva Birding Weekend.
- Immerse yourself in Delaware’s beautiful and tranquil landscapes while exploring statewide scenic byways. Or explore the Delaware Outdoor Trail.
What are the locals’ favorite spring destinations?
Mt. Cuba Center – A must-see during springtime, this DuPont Estate highlights gorgeous wildflowers and native plants.
Nemours Mansion and Gardens – The vibrant French-style gardens are the main attraction of this beautiful estate every spring.
Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge – One of the top spots for birding in the nation, this stop on the Delaware Outdoor Trail is a feast for the eyes as bird migrate through in spring.
DuPont Nature Center – Unique only begins to describe the scene at the nature center in spring as hundreds of thousands of horseshoe crabs fill the shoreline.
Baywood Greens – With flowering, landscaped holes at every turn, the “Augusta of the North” presents beautiful and challenging opportunity for golfers of every skill level.
Lewes Canalfront – Walk along the canal or down Second Street for a day filled with tax-free shopping and stress-free sightseeing.