When temperatures fall, only the coziest hotels and B&Bs, will do for a perfect Delaware winter getaway. Grab a glass of wine and cozy up to the fireplace, or enjoy a romantic dinner before retreating to your home-away-from home. The Hotel DuPont in Wilmington will fill you with warmth as soon as you step through the doors and into the gilded, richly appointed interior. Relax at the intimate hotel bar before indulging yourself at the...
Winter Fun at the Delaware Beaches
In Delaware, there’s a special beauty that breaks through the cold and makes the beaches a desirable destination for a winter weekend getaway. Here are some hot ideas for a cool getaway.
- Winter flavors : Delaware beaches are the go-to brunch spot for making spirits bright this winter with Bloody Marys from Bethany Blues, or fruity Mimosas from Nectar. Browse more crafty drinks using the Delaware on Tap App.
- Seasons for the season : Warm your soul during the winter with a crab cake from Woody's Dewey Beach, tacos from Taco Reho, or summer vibes at Matt Fish Camp.
- Get artsy : Divulge into the beachy art scene with Rehoboth Art League or Dirty Hands DIY. Use it as a starting point on your art expedition or settle in to take a class or two.
- Tune-in : From live music at Grain on the Rocks, to the musicals at Clear Space Theatre you are sure to enjoy tuning in this winter at the beach
- Treat yourself : Cure the winter blues with luxurious salons and spas at Rehoboth Beach like Bad Hair Day, or The Bellmoor. To cleanse the body and mind visit Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Spa.
- Opt Outside : Experience the colors of a winter sunset at Fenwick Island State Park, or discover the nature side of the beach on a brisk walk or hike on the Junction Breakwater Trail or at Cape Henlopen State Park.
- Shop Local : Boutiques and unique shops line the streets of downtown Rehoboth, Lewes and Bethany Beach like the Christmas Spirit store, Aquamarine Boutique, Bethany Beach Books and the list goes on.
- Where to Stay : Stay at Dogfish Inn and relax by the firepit, or rent a cottage beach house for the holidays for the whole family. If you want to stay near the winter waves, book a stay at the Boardwalk Plaza and cozy up by the fireplace after a brisk walk on the boardwalk.
Explore more Winter in Delaware
Order a Discovery Guide
Order a Discovery Guide
Endless possibilities will be delivered to your door when you order a Delaware Discovery Guide. Every turning page shows the charm of attractions, dining, and places to stay in Delaware.