Celebrate all things red, white, and BBQ with this list of top 10 things to do for Memorial Day weekend in Delaware. From to-go food and brews for backyard fun, to things to do for the whole family, and more.
- Hit the beach - Kick-off your weekend with a family trip to the Delaware beaches to get your toes in the sand and enjoy the spring breeze off of the water. Find the perfect beach for you and your family with this handy beach style guide.
- Explore History - Be sure to plan a day to honor those who have fought for and served this incredible country we call home this Memorial Day. One symbol of honor would be to explore the WWII planes to current four-engine jets at the Air Mobility and Command Museum. This must explore spot is perfect for learning something new, and acknowledging the pieces that helped to build our country.
- Adventure Outdoors - Find your adventure at Cape Henlopen State Park from nature trails, to the sandy beach. You can also tour the Fort Miles Historical Area which was once home to a World War II coastal defense site.
- Farmers Markets - After exploring some of Delaware’s historic and outdoor spots it’s time to start planning the Memorial day picnic! Be sure to visit Farmers Markets throughout the state for fresh, locally grown goodies to serve.
- Backyard BBQ - Make your Memorial Day picnic complete with the delicious flavors of local barbeque. Savor the smoky goodness with this list of local flavors in Delaware, including Maverick Texas BBQ, Limestone BBQ & Bourbon and more!
- Picnic Must Haves: With all the savory barbecue items on the menu for your picnic you’ll need sweets! Make the menu festive with a stop to Dolles Candyland for America’s favorite snack - caramel popcorn or with a classic pie from La Baguette Bakery & Catering.
- Red, White, & Blue - Search for the patriotic colors of red, white & blue at Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library at their Best and Beautiful Garden Walk. You can journey through areas of peak bloom and bright colors.
- Cheers to Summer: Raise your glass (or can) to the unofficial start to summer! Choose from over 30 craft beverage locations offering to-go brews, bottles, and more with Delaware on Tap. Plus, while you’re picking up your orders you can check-in to each location for a chance to win a prize!
- Get Out on the Water - Before the long weekend ends be sure to plan for fun on the water for the whole family at Trap Pond State Park. Kayaking through baldy cypress trees, and connecting with nature is the recipe for a Memorial Day Weekend you won’t forget.
- Delaware Discoveries Trail - On the way home plan stops along the Delaware Discoveries Trail for picture perfect memories to complete your weekend. If you stop at four locations, and submit your photos at www.DelawareDiscoveries.com you’ll earn your chance to win a prize!
Before visiting Delaware be sure to view our Go-To-Guide for tips on how to Explore Safely. Please remember to plan ahead and maintain social distancing. Please wear a face covering and bring hand sanitizer. Make sure to review guidelines before arriving at your destination. Some locations may be operating under different capacity or require reservations. Please remember to stay home if you are sick.