Camden Friends Meeting
Based in central Delaware, the Camden Friends Meeting House offers walking tours of historic sites in Camden. This brick house of worship was constructed in 1805 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Many members played active roles in the anti-slavery movement. Some served as conductors on the Underground Railroad, providing “safe houses” and passing fugitive slaves northward. The adjoining burial ground is the burial place of several of these pioneering heroes. Most notable of these is John Hunn, who as “Chief Engineer” of the network in Delaware played a critical role in assisting countless persons in their escape to freedom. Please call for hours.
122 East Camden Wyoming Avenue Camden, DE 19934