Take to the road to experience Delaware’s beauty. Drive along the coast, wind blowing through your open windows or take a spin through Northern Delaware lined with gardens and estates. Plan your next road trip through the state for a new perspective on Delaware’s scenic landscapes.
Top Outdoor Adventures
Come enjoy the great outdoors in Delaware. From breezy kid rides through the woods to a soothing kayak excursion, all within a quick drive you can go from the hilly woodlands of Northern Delaware to Central Delaware’s wildlife refuge to the sun-kissed ocean beaches of Southern Delaware. So, grab some sunscreen, lace up the sneakers and get ready. Here are top outdoor attractions to enjoy.
- Bombay Hook, Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuges : One of the top spots for migratory birding in the spring and fall along the East Coast.
- Cape Henlopen State Park : Enjoy the spot where the bay meets the ocean. From sunbathing to fishing to disc golfing, this is one of the most popular parks in Delaware.
- Cape Water Tours & Taxi : Feel the coastal breeze as you explore the inland waterways on a guided tour.
- Delaware Seashore State Park : Whether you are enjoying the ocean breeze or the bayside waterway adventures, this is a top spot for enjoying the coastal beauty of Delaware.
- Jack A. Markell Trail : Cycle from the Riverfront Wilmington to the quiet beauty of scenic wetlands.
- Lums Pond State Park/Go Ape! Treetop Adventure Course : Paddle your way through waterway adventures or climb to new heights on a treetop and zipline course.
- Mt. Cuba Center : Enjoy the quiet solitude of being surrounded by woodlands and natural gardens.
- Scenic Drives : To enjoy the outdoors from the comfort of your car, explore some of the state’s best Scenic Drives.
- Trap Pond State Park : Enjoy paddling along bald cypress trees is an unforgettable Delaware experience.