The Value of Tourism in Delaware
- The total market value of goods and services produced (GDP) by the state's economy during 2016 was $3.3 billion.
- In 2016, there were 9 million visitors to the State of Delaware.
- The Delaware tourism industry is the 4th largest private employer in the state, accounting for 42,750 jobs.
- The tourism industry generated $504 million in tax revenue in Fiscal Year 2016.
- Without tourism, each Delaware household would pay an additional $1,434 in taxes.
Download the 2016 Value of Tourism Report here.