Lums Pond State Park
Fall Foliage in Delaware
Nature bursts with beauty every autumn in Delaware. Fall foliage brings a lovely contrast of crimson and gold leaves against the crystal blue skies across the lush wooded hills of Northern Delaware. Farther south along the breezy stretches of coast, a softer glow emerges day by day.
It’s a time of glorious, crisp weather making it a perfect time of year for day-trippers and weekend travelers to hop in their cars and explore some of the state’s best autumn drives. Peak fall colors in 2020 are expected to be on display from mid-October to early November.
Check out Delaware’s top spots for fall foliage below and remember, they’re also great places to visit any time of year!
· Fall sightseers are sure to be pleased with a drive down Delaware's country roads that wind their way through the rolling hills of the northern part of the state, and serve as the home to majestic mansions like Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library, Hagley Museum and Library and Nemours Estate, where Delaware’s fall foliage enjoys a regal setting.
· Get up-close-and-personal with fall’s natural beauty at Mt. Cuba Center in scenic northwestern Delaware that offers excellent opportunities for photographers looking to capture the splendor of the season.
· Enjoy the sparkling beauty of leaves reflected on water at such secluded natural settings as Trap Pond State Park, Killens Pond State Park (featuring a nature center and autumn hayrides), or Bellevue State Park. For bird lovers, Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge is perfect for spotting native and migrating birds of all kinds against a beautiful backdrop of wetlands and vibrant autumn leaves.
· Find the perfect Insta-worthy moment and visit a one-of-a-kind experience in Delaware with the new Delaware Discoveries Trail. Explore nine pieces of interactive street artwork throughout the state that you won’t see anywhere else.
· While enjoying the beauty of Delaware’s vibrant fall foliage, visitors can sip their way through Delaware on Tap. Stops at Delaware Wineries like Nassau Valley Vineyard, Harvest Ridge Winery, Salted Vines Vineyard and Winery, and Pizzadili Vineyard and Winery are not to be missed at this time of year.